Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wicked Lovely

I have been wanting to read this book and waited patiently for oh like five months.  I knew my Aunt had bought it and was waiting to borrow it (I admit it takes me 1-2 days to read a three-hundred page book).  After reading Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr I can't understand how it took her five months.  Seriously, I could not put it down hence the puffy eyes, yawning, and dragging my body around like a zombie today. Coffee!  I need lots of coffee!

I was a bit confused reading the first chapter.  You are thrown into the fairy world and I was like huh!  After chapter two you get the feel what is going on.  From that point I could not put this book down.  It was an interesting plot and a good page turner.  BUT...there is always a but, right?  I had a hard time liking Keenan the Summer King and Seth had no flaws.  I mean he had piercings and seemed like the bad boy but didn't act it.  Overall it was a good read.  I am anxious to wait (lets hope it's not another 5 months lol) for the sequel that my Aunt has.  The sequel is not about the characters in this book so I hope I won't be disappointed.

The reason why I like a series is the characters.  This bums me when they go off on other characters.  Once I get attached I just want to keep reading about them.

So....I am curious on your take on a series.  Do you mind the spin off of other characters OR do you like to see the same characters?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the characters are endearing, I don't mind "spin offs."

I'm a big fan of Anita Blake but I wonder when is a reasonable place to stop the series. Sometimes series can go on and on and the characters I once loved are entirely different by the end. Granted, the characters should evolve, but... I love them for very specific reasons, ya know?

I'm all for series and spin offs.

Elana Johnson said...

I liked WL, but I couldn't get into the others. It didn't have anything to do with characters though. Just personal preference on some things. :)

Kerri Cuev said...

I do love a good series but yea the characters have to be stand out to have me coming back for more :)

MeganRebekah said...

I liked WL but, like you, wasn't crazy about some of the characters. I never read the others in the series, because I didn't feel the pull to get drawn back in.