Monday, July 8, 2013

Letting Technology Work For You

Hey everyone!

So I discovered this little thing called the square. The best part is that the device is FREE, it's the size of a quarter, and easily fits in my purse. 



I can now use the square on my Android phone to accept credit cards when I sell books at my local farmer's market. Not many people are carrying cash or checks anymore, so this has been awesome. I used it at my last book signing at the library with great success. There is a small fee for every swipe, but now I can sell books anywhere I go. It makes me feel all businesswomany minus the heels. 

I also looked at a similar device to be used with PayPal, but it was a couple of bucks more, and it wasn't free.

I love the age of technology!

Do any of you authors use this? Love it or hate it?

1 comment:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Hadn't heard of Square, but will check it out.